A Message from Tom Keller, Director, Total Rewards
Valencia College’s Open Enrollment is here, so don’t let hindsight be 20/20 when it comes to enrolling in your 2020 benefits plans. Now through Friday, November 1, 2019, you can enroll, opt out or make changes to your health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts and life and disability insurance. This opportunity only comes once a year.
Open Enrollment Process
Like last year, you may participate in passive enrollment, which means that most of your 2019 benefits selections will roll over to 2020, unless there is an active change made during Open Enrollment.
However, you should participate in active open enrollment in the Benefitfocus Portal or via the Benefitfocus app if you want to:
- Add, drop or change any of your benefits coverage
- Add, drop or change any dependents’ benefits coverage
- Participate in a Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2020 (the 2019 enrollment amount does not roll over for 2020)
- Enroll in, increase or maintain your Health Savings Account (HSA) employee contribution for 2020 (the 2019 employee HSA payroll deduction will not roll over as a payroll deduction amount for 2020)
- Opt out of medical coverage in 2020
- Decline medical coverage in 2020
- Add medical coverage if you opted out of medical coverage or declined medical coverage in 2019
So, how do you enroll? Watch the video below for steps on how to complete the enrollment process:
To start the process to enroll in your 2020 benefits via the Benefitfocus Portal from your computer:
- Log in to your Atlas account.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- In the My Human Resources channel, select Benefits & Wellness.
- Click on the Benefitfocus Portal link.
- To review your current 2019 benefits elections, Click “Employee Summary Report” under My Docs on the left menu.
- To start your 2020 enrollment, click the “Get Started” button. Then, you’ll be on your way to making the most of your Valencia Total Rewards.
To enroll in your 2020 benefits via the Benefitfocus app:
- Search for Benefitfocus in the Google Play Store for Android users and Apple Store for iPhone users, and download the app.
- Open the app and enter valenciabenefits as the company ID.
- Log in using your Atlas Username and Password.
Dependent Eligibility Verification and Re-verification Review
In January 2020, Consova will conduct a verification of new dependents and re-verification of select dependents enrolled in the medical, dental and vision plans for 2020. The review will be conducted on behalf of Valencia to ensure that only eligible dependents are enrolled in appropriate plans:
- All newly enrolled dependents added to the plans for 2020 will go through an initial dependent eligibility verification review.
- Spouses, domestic partners and some child relationships, except natural born or adopted children, that were previously verified prior to July 1, 2019, will be re-verified.
Need help? There are resources available to assist you with making the best 2020 benefits decisions:
- Download and review the health plan comparison and monthly premium charts, along with the summaries of the dental and vision plans.
- View the English or Spanish Benefits Tour webinar in Benefitfocus. Once you sign in to the Benefitfocus Portal (using the directions above), select the My Resources tab and then 2020 Open Enrollment. Links to the webinars will be half-way down the page.
For questions, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).