A Message from Patti Smith, Chief Information Officer
This is a reminder that Banner will undergo updates from Friday, February 7, at 5 p.m. through Monday, February 10, 2020, at 7 a.m. and will be unavailable for use. During this time, several other resources will also be unavailable.
Please note the resources that will be unavailable, and determine if the unavailability will impact your students’ assignments or some of your general tasks.
The following systems will be affected from Friday, February 7, at 5 p.m., through Sunday, February 9, 2020, at 5 p.m.
- While the Atlas portal will be unavailable, Atlas email, Office 365, employee webmail, Canvas and SAS can be accessed via links on the Atlas log-in page. A link to Office 365 will also be available in Canvas.
- Although the Valencia College website will be available, the following features on the site will be unavailable: the Apply Now button, Hot Classes, employee/faculty lists and course listings/course info pages. The Credit Course schedule will be available; however, enrollment information will not be updated on Saturday.
- Canvas will be available; however, the Canvas buttons that sync grades entry, as well as withdrawals and last date of attendance to Banner will not work.
The following systems will be affected from Friday, February 7, at 5 p.m., through Monday, February 10, 2020, at 7 a.m.
- The following Banner and Banner-related applications will be unavailable: admin pages, AppWorx and job submissions, BDMS, Workflow, Apex, Cashnet feed to Banner, Degree Works and Continuity General Ledger. Additionally, Banner data extracts will not execute.
- SAS will be available all weekend, but the last data refresh will take place on Friday, February 7, at 3 p.m. The next data refresh will occur on Sunday, February 9 in the evening.
Withdrawal Deadline Update
Due to the Banner Update, we have moved the withdrawal deadline for part-of-term courses that are held during the first eight weeks of the term (Monday, January 6 – Wednesday, February 26, 2020) from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 7 to 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 10, 2020. Students will also be notified on Sunday, February 9, 2020, that they may register for part-of-term courses that start next week through Tuesday, February 11, 2020, at 7 a.m.
Please report all post-upgrade system issues to OIT Service Desk. Select Submit a Ticket, followed by Banner & Other College Systems, then click Support for a list of Banner service request options.
On behalf of the Office of Information Technology team, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.