Faculty, staff and student safety is always a priority at Valencia, and the College will continue to work hard to ensure a safe environment across all campuses and offices.
As part of the College’s Emergency Response Plan, Valencia’s Behavioral Assessment Team (BAT) was formed in 2011-12. The team follows protocols to review threatening behavior, assess potential issues and take action to reduce risk for Valencia community members — faculty, staff, students and visitors alike.
The team is comprised of Assistant Vice President of Operations Paul Rooney; West Campus Dean of Students, Student Affairs Ben Lion; deans of students; managing directors and assistant directors of the security department; student conduct coordinators; faculty association representatives; counselor representatives; and human resources representatives.
Members of the BAT meet regularly to discuss reported behaviors, share information and receive continual training on what to look for and how to appropriately respond to threatening behavior.
The BAT has created two online reporting forms, both available on Valencia’s safety, security and risk management webpage by clicking on “Report an Incident.”
- The Incident Reporting Form is for incidents that have occurred and have been observed by a person who is willing to identify him/herself and provide the details of the incident.
- The Anonymous Reporting Form is for incidents that have occurred and have been observed by a person who would like to remain anonymous and provide the level of detail that is available at the time.
Reports from both forms are reviewed and acted upon as appropriate.
It’s absolutely crucial that everyone be aware of their surroundings and report any threatening behavior in order to keep all of us safe. And remember, if you see something, say something!
In the event of an imminently threatening situation, please call 911. You can also contact your campus security office by calling 407-299-5000 and their respective extension (see below):
- Advanced Manufacturing Training Center: extension 4000
- District Office: extension 3000
- East Campus: extension 2000
- Lake Nona Campus: extension 7000
- Osceola Campus: extension 4000
- School of Public Safety: extension 8000
- West Campus: extension 1000
- Winter Park Campus: extension 6000