Tuesday, June 2, 2020
A Message from Tom Keller, Director, Total Rewards
It has come to our attention that some employees may have received unsolicited email messages offering FRS DROP or retirement consultation services. Employees have reported receiving emails from domain names such as “districtadvice,” “peraexplores” and “yourretiring.” The email offers an evaluation of your state retirement benefits and leads you to click a link to a site hosted at the “publicemployeeretirementassistance” (PERA) web domain to make an appointment.
Unfortunately, these emails were drafted in a manner that suggest the existence of an affiliation with Valencia College and/or the Florida Retirement System (FRS). It is important for you to know that Valencia College has no association with and does not endorse or promote Public Employee Retirement Assistance (PERA), the content of the message or the individuals who sent the unsolicited communication through the various domains.
In response, we have reported these email messages to our Office of Information Technology partners in order to block the email addresses and domain names as spam.
We want you to be informed about the providers that are affiliated with the College to assist you with your Valencia retirement plans. Your approved providers and vendors include:
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- AIG Retirement Services (formerly known as VALIC)
- Community College Optional Retirement Program (CCORP) providers (if you are an ORP member): Voya Financial, AIG Retirement Services, AXA Equitable, MetLife Investors and TIAA
- TSA Consulting Group, our third-party administrator for voluntary retirement plan and CCORP recordkeeping and transactions
- Our legacy voluntary retirement plan providers, with whom you may have an account that was established prior to August 2017
We appreciate the diligence of our faculty and staff to verify inquiry emails they receive. If you receive unsolicited communication from an unknown organization that suggests an affiliation with your Valencia benefits or retirement programs, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 3888.