A Message from Deanne Abrams, Director, Employee Development
To help facilitate a more personalized employee experience, Employee Development is changing Career Anniversary awards distribution from once per semester to monthly. We are currently working with our vendor and college partners to identify best practices to enhance this Valencia experience. As details become concrete, please keep an eye out for more information on Career Anniversaries in the Supervisor Segment and The Juice.
Please remember that if you receive a gift for an employee on your team, please present the gift in a way that’s meaningful to each recipient. Make this special occasion more personal by acknowledging the unique contributions of your employee during an upcoming team meeting or special gathering.
Here are some helpful tips to get started if you’d like to celebrate with the whole team:
- Recognize the number of years your employee is celebrating.
- Write a brief introduction to thank everyone for coming.
- Spotlight attributes and talents unique to your employee.
- Share a brief story that connects a person’s career success to our Valencia’s values.
- Invite a few people to speak who would be great at expressing appreciation for your employee.
If your employee prefers private recognition, consider taking him or her out for a cup of coffee or writing a special note of thanks for his or her contributions. Thank you for helping us build a culture where every career is nurtured and celebrated.
For questions or additional information, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).