Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Valencia College is launching a new advertising and marketing campaign and is looking for faculty and staff to take part in our video commercials. No acting experience is needed, and no on-camera speaking is required. Just submit a video audition by Sunday, April 18, 2021, to be considered.
Here are details on how to submit your video audition:
- Use a smart phone to record your video audition, but please shoot in horizontal/landscape mode, not vertical.
- Say your first and last name and what your role is at Valencia College.
- Then tell us a little about yourself and why you love being a part of Valencia College.
- Next, pretend to perform your everyday tasks as faculty/staff (advising students, grading papers, working on a computer, etc.).
- Feel free to use props, such as a notepad, books, a laptop, etc. Just be yourself and act natural, like you’re really doing the things you actually do.
- We suggest you do a test recording and review for eye-level camera placement, framing the camera from the top of your head to your waist.
- Make sure you are well lit from the front, and avoid harsh light from behind that will cast you into shadows. Remember to check for good sound.
- Take your time and do two takes if you like, but keep your total video to a maximum of two minutes in length.
- Check your video before submitting.
The official video production will take place on Tuesday, May 18; Wednesday, May 19; Thursday, May 20; and Friday, May 21, 2021. Please only submit an audition if you are available during these days. Most commitments are for one day and usually only for a portion of the day. Production will take place on or near various Valencia College campuses. All roles will be cast by Friday, April 23, 2021.
CDC guidelines will be followed during the production, including but not limited to: mandatory masks and personal protective equipment, social distancing, environment sanitation, health screenings and rapid testing. All production is monitored by a COVID compliance officer who ensures adherence to all guidelines in order to create a safe environment for everyone involved.
How to Submit Your Audition Materials
– Please label your files in the following format: firstnamelastname_ValenciaCasting. For example: JanetSmith_ValenciaCasting. File size should be under 1GB and in mov, mp4, avi, dv, m4v, wmv formats only.
– Create a free account on wetransfer.com and upload your video.
– Email the following information to email@example.com:
- Please tell us your availability during the days of Wednesday, May 12; Thursday, May 13; Tuesday, May 18; Wednesday, May 19; Thursday, May 20; and Friday, May 21, 2021.
If you have any questions or need assistance submitting your video, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-463-3168.
Videos are due by Sunday, April 18, 2021, at 5 p.m.