We are pleased to announce the 19 Valencia College faculty members who were selected by a group of faculty and administrators as the 2021-2022 Sabbatical Leave recipients. An additional three Valencia employees were granted Educational and Professional Development Leave for the 2020-2021 year.
- Betsy Brantley, professor, biology
- Donna Colwell, professor, English
- Susan Gosnell, professor, radiologic and imaging science
- Darren Lacoste, professor, mathematics
- Kelli Lewis, professor, health information technology
- Karen Murray, professor, EAP
- Neal Phillips, professor, English
- Regina Seguin, librarian
- Lynda Wilson, professor, health sciences
- Judi Addelston, professor, psychology
- Jeremy Bassetti, professor, humanities
- Amanda Kern, professor, graphic design
- John Niss, professor, mathematics
- Jennifer Taylor, professor, humanities
- Christy Cheney, professor, student life skills, new student experience
- Deidre Holmes DuBois, professor, speech
- Emily Elrod, professor, mathematics
- John McFarland, professor, EAP
- Shawn Pollgreen, professor, EAP
Sabbatical leave provides recipients a significant opportunity for new or renewed achievement and growth through activities such as study, research, writing, creative work and travel, so that their teaching and/or professional effectiveness may be enhanced. For more information about Sabbatical Leave, click here.
Professional Development Leave
Below is the list of three Valencia College employees who were granted Educational and Professional Leave for the 2020-2021 year.
- Kera Coyer, coordinator, program advisor
- Shara Lee, campus director, faculty and instructional development
- Rosalba Maldonado, international program coordinator
The purpose of Education and Professional Development Leave is to provide an educational and professional opportunity for staff members to enhance their individual and professional effectiveness. The types of activities that may warrant this leave include experiences such as job shadowing in an applicant’s respective industry or gaining clinical experience for a graduate program. To learn more about Education and Professional Development Leave, click here.