Downtown Campus Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation Celebrated During Grand Opening EventShare
A Message from Falecia Williams, President, West and Downtown Campuses
The Downtown Campus Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation celebrated a grand opening event that included both Valencia and University of Central Florida professors discussing teaching and learning on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. This facility, known on Valencia’s other campuses as the Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation, is designed to support faculty members in improving teaching excellence and student learning. As the Downtown Campus is a Valencia College and University of Central Florida collaborative campus, the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation blends the names of the teaching and learning facilities from both institutions.
A variety of services are offered including:
- Consultation Services: Partner with a faculty developer/instructional designer to create and practice delivery of course content and materials for all instructional modalities.
- Programs and Events: Plan your professional development path through courses, certifications, programs and topic concentrations.
- Teaching Tools: Discover tools to expand your professional practice and development in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator such as formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Digital Engagement: Integrate educational technology in your classroom to enhance student engagement and learning.
- Essential Competency Library: Check out books and materials from a collection of educator resources.
- Connect: Exchange ideas with fellow educators to advance teaching, learning, scholarship and technology.
- Resources: Utilize resources including computers, printers, iPads and video equipment.
The center is located in the Dr. Phillips Academic Commons, Room 261, and is open for both Valencia and University of Central Florida faculty. Hours open are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information, click here.