Thursday, December 2, 2021
A Message from Wendy Givoglu, Interim President, East and Winter Park Campuses
East Campus Academic Division (ECAD) Travel Funds are meant to promote employee performance and skill enhancement. These funds are provided for full-time faculty and staff who work in an academic division that reports to the East Campus president.
Each Campus receives a specific amount of money each year to be used by the campus to cover travel costs and related expenses for conferences, workshops and related professional development opportunities. On East Campus, the campus president disperses this money through a committee of representatives from administration, faculty and staff (the ECAD travel committee).
Full-time faculty and staff can apply for Cycle 3 funds for travel from Tuesday, March 1 – Thursday, June 30, 2022. The application link is below, and the deadline to apply for funds is Friday, January 14, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Listed below are guidelines the ECAD travel committee uses to award travel money.
– The convention, conference, workshop, etc., must relate directly to your assigned duties at Valencia, and you must have your supervisor’s approval.
– New requests are considered ahead of requests from applicants who received funding during the previous two cycles. A slight preference is given to applicants who have never applied before, which we determine by referencing the committee’s record of applicants.
– Preference is given to higher levels of participation (speakers or conference chairs).
– A range of preferences is given to requests that the travel committee considers having a high impact on personal, division, campus and college goals. The committee uses the current campus plan to inform the discussion on what constitutes high impact.
– In cases where multiple applicants wish to attend the same event, the travel committee will also consider:
- The additional impact gained by multiple people attending the event.
- The description of how what is learned at the event will be shared with others at the College.
- Recommendations by division administration.
- Which applications to the same event were received first.
- Applicants who didn’t use their last travel award are considered after all other applicants in each cycle.
– The maximum amount an applicant can receive is $1,000 to balance adequate funding for individual trips and an equitable distribution of the travel money.
If you have questions, please contact Michelle Ames, senior executive assistant, campus president, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-582-2216.