Long-gone are the days of three-ring binders with pages of rules and regulations that employees spend days pouring over in search of specific information, policies and updated procedures. The Employee Handbook is now digital and available in Atlas and in the Valencia EDGE.
Although the handbook may look much different than it did 50 years ago, it still serves the purpose of providing employees with important information. In it, you may find topics of interest to a new employee, such as campus locations, IT and systems information, available benefits, payroll information and Valencia’s governance structure. Other topics employees may wish to browse down the road may include employee and faculty development opportunities, groups and associations, and community events.
At Valencia College, the Employee Handbook is a living document, updated in real-time and reviewed and published as policies and practices change. Last updated in 2019, the handbook has answers to many of your employee needs. Most importantly, it focuses on you.
The Valencia College Handbook:
- Is your guide to all-things Valencia. This should be your go-to for any questions you may have throughout your time at the College.
- Is colorful and easy-to-read. Written with the intent of being both thorough and conversational, the Employee Handbook can easily be read and carries the Valencia look, as well as voice, throughout.
- Is searchable. Along with a well-designed table of contents, the document can be searched by keywords. Have a question on leave options? Press Ctrl-F and browse your way through 42 different passages on the various types of leave Valencia College offers.
- Is interactive. Throughout the handbook, you can find clickable links to view more information. These take you right to the websites where the information is housed and will provide you with real-time information.
- Is written with YOU in mind. Not only does it touch on the cultural, operational and logistical pieces of Valencia, it also includes a glossary, which includes terms and acronyms specific to Valencia. No need to scout out a colleague to ask what CDC means. Simply search the glossary to find out that it stands for, the Collaborative Design Center, located on West Campus.
- Is inspiring. Kicked-off with a letter from Amy Bosley, vice president, organizational development and human resources, the handbook reminds us all that no matter the reason we chose Valencia, we all serve students and transform lives.
Accessing the Employee Handbook
The handbook is available both In Atlas and in the Valencia EDGE.
To access it via Atlas:
- Log into Atlas
- Click on the Employees tab
- Click on the Employee Support Channel (on the lower left hand side of the screen)
- Select Helpful Resources
The Employee Handbook is also available in the Valencia College Compass: New Employee Onboarding courses and you can find it directly via the link here.