Thursday, April 30, 2020
The Teaching and Learning team has prepared a focused set of Faculty Development and Teaching/Learning Academy (TLA) courses for full-time and part-time faculty that will be offered for the summer term. They are:
- LCTS1110 Teaching in Our Learning College sessions (essential for initial Associate Faculty Certification)
- Digital Professor Certification courses (offered as stand-alone courses for faculty members in progress as well as in two-week, five-week and 10-week cohorts)
- A variety of just-in-time, faculty-led sessions focused on effective online teaching practices and technology topics
- Preparation experience for faculty new to the course peer review process
- Course peer review timelines for faculty members in progress
In order to maximize our focus on support for online teaching and learning, all other types of professional development will be canceled/postponed. This includes the difficult decision to cancel this summer’s Destination program. Although upcoming professional development offerings may look different than what we are used to, there will be no shortage of opportunities to continue to learn and grow, and our commitment to equity-minded practice will continue to guide our efforts and programming.
TLA Timeline and Reporting Schedule
The current timeline and reporting schedule will be amended. Faculty in the tenure process will receive an email regarding these changes next week.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Teaching and Learning team.
As you consider how to bring your ideas to life in a way that reflects your own teaching approaches, the Teaching and Learning team is available to help you. Remember to reach out to your identified Teaching and Learning support or faculty mentor, and for those of you not partnered, please use this link to request support.