Thursday, February 10, 2022
A Message from Carla McKnight, Vice President, Organizational Development and Human Resources
Learning Day is Friday, February 11, 2022, and we have an exciting day planned of learning, celebration and inspiration.
Here’s what you need to know to participate in this virtual event:
- Learning Day is a regular work day for faculty and staff, and programming will be provided between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Employees are encouraged and expected to use the afternoon for independent learning such as reading, reflecting and participating in on-demand courses through LinkedIn Learning. If you’d like a list of suggested independent learning courses, click here.
- We recommend that you review the list of the more than 70 learning sessions in advance, so you know what you’d like to attend. To view the sessions and speakers, visit Zoom Events.
- Join in the fun by using one of these Learning Day Zoom backgrounds. After clicking the link, select the down arrow on the top right to download the images.
- For the best Learning Day experience, please make sure your version of Zoom is up to date. To update within the Zoom application, click on your photo or initials in the top right corner. Then, click “Check for Updates.” Updates will be completed automatically.
This year, the College will use a new Zoom Events platform for registration and the day of the event that will allow you to attend the learning sessions from an event hub.
To register and join the virtual lobby for Learning Day, click the red button below and follow these instructions:
- Click on the Register button
- Select the SSO (key) icon
- Enter “valenciacollege” in the Company Domain field
- Select Continue and Join Lobby
Please note that it will be necessary to use your Valencia College credentials (username/login) to access the Zoom sessions. Please do not use personal credentials.
View a demo on how to select sessions and view your itinerary.
On Friday morning, we’ll kick off at 8:30 a.m. with a welcome from Faculty Association President Michael Robbins and me, followed by our featured session with College President Kathleen Plinske and CEO of CampusWorks Liz Murphy. Click the button below to get your Learning Day experience started.
Please share your Learning Day experiences and photos by posting to social media using the hashtag #LearningDay2022. And email your photos to The_Grove@valenciacollege.edu. Emailed photos will be shared in an upcoming issue of The Juice and in The Grove.
If you have questions, read the Learning Day Frequently Asked Questions. For technical support during the event, contact the Office of Information Technology at 407-299-5555.
I look forward to seeing you online tomorrow.