Thursday, April 30, 2020
Calling all faculty! Get ready to celebrate your students — Valencia College graduates — this Sunday, May 3, 2020, for the 51st Annual Commencement Ceremony.
We are counting down to the 2020 Virtual Commencement Celebration and ask that you participate in helping to recognize this milestone accomplishment of our students. The celebration will kick-off at 9 a.m. with the launch of virtual graduation. Information about this year’s Commencement has been shared with students via social media and a targeted email to students that you can view here: Graduation Announcement.
Post, Share and Congratulate
While the College would have preferred to recognize our graduates in person, our virtual commencement will allow us to provide recognition for our graduates and an opportunity for faculty, staff, students and their families to come together to celebrate online. We encourage you to post, share and congratulate Valencia’s Class of 2020 graduates via your social media channels to make this day special.
Valencia College 2020 Virtual Commencement
Go Live: Sunday, May 3, 2020
Time: 9 a.m.
Availability: The ceremony will be available to watch (and re-watch) for the next year at the address above. However, we are asking for participation on the scheduled day of Commencement to celebrate, recognize and honor our graduates.
1. Go to: valenciacollege.edu/graduation
2. Click on: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
3. Watch: Videos of encouraging and inspirational messages, including a welcome by Sandy Shugart, an address from our Distinguished Graduate Tamyia Paul, and more.
4. View: All graduates will have a slide with their name and will be organized on the site in alphabetical order by last name. You will have the option to filter by degree or search by name. (Students had the option to opt out/in of the audio recording and photo submission).
5. Celebrate on Social Media: Several options will be available to help you congratulate and celebrate graduates in a personal way.
- Share the grad’s slide – From each graduate’s slide, you can share directly to Facebook and Twitter, or download the slide to share on Instagram. Be sure to include a congratulatory message and tag the student when you post. Use the hashtag #ValenciaGrad. Valencia College graduation social posts using #ValenciaGrad will appear on our tagboard.
- Comment on their posts – On the tagboard located on the virtual Commencement page, you can click on students’ posts and then comment on their posts to give a personalized congratulatory message. This is a direct way to say congratulations to grads.
- Tag @ValenciaCollege on your Twitter or Instagram posts, which could appear on the tagboard on the virtual commencement page.
- Grab the Gear – Special Valencia graduation themed filters, frames, GIFs and other digital assets have been created to help you and our students and their families celebrate graduation on social media. Go to the 2020 Commencement Social Media Toolkit to view your and select your grad look.