Wednesday, July 1, 2020, marked the official start of Valencia’s new fiscal year — 2020-2021. Now is the perfect time to reflect on this year, celebrate accomplishments, and rethink and reorganize our approach as we continue our work, which many of us are currently doing remotely.
To help us transition into the new year, Assistant Vice President of Budgets and Analysis Oscar Cristancho Mercado offers us some tips:
- Review your budgets frequently, and reach out to the Budget Office for assistance with planning and projecting fiscal year expenditures.
- Monthly budget reports are available to assist you with your ongoing planning. Ask the Budget Office how to receive an automatically generated monthly report.
- Gift cards cannot be purchased for employees with College funds.
- Food, T-shirts or any other personal use items cannot be charged to a fund one Operating Budget. For additional guidance and clarification view the Fund Use Guidelines located on the Procurement webpage.
- If you are the budget manager of several indexes, you may transfer between those indexes to cover needed expenses.
- If you are making a purchase for two different budget managers, there’s no need to transfer the funds to one budget manager; just split the requisition between the two indexes.
- If you have a change in budget managers, please send an email to the Budget Office.
- Software expenses will no longer be accrued monthly.
- If budget transfers are initiated/created but not completed by the end of the month in which it was created, the created/initiated transfer must be either completed or deleted.
Procurement and Contract Tips
- Prior to submitting requisitions in Banner, please send all contracts to Lora Lee Johnston-Kavey, director, contracts and records, for review and to obtain final signatures.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to use Valencia’s agreements to avoid delay in review and possible negotiation of terms in outside agreements. You can find these agreements on the Procurement webpage under the Additional supplier resources can also be found on the Suppliers webpage.
- When entering your requisitions in Banner, include the proper number of quotes, the proposal, your fully executed agreements, and renewals and contract numbers.
If you have any budget questions, please email the Budget office at BudgetOffice@valenciacollege.edu. For any procurement questions, please email ValenciaProcurement@valenciacollege.edu. For any contract related questions please contact Lora Lee Johnston-Kavey, director, contracts and records, at email@example.com or 407-299-5000, extension 3048.
We wish you the best in this new fiscal year.