Monday, December 6, 2021
A Message from the Office of Stustainability
With Winter Break around the corner, it’s time to get ready to shut down — literally and metaphorically.
As Valencia College will be closed Wednesday, December 22, 2021, through Sunday, January 2, 2022, you can help the College save money and energy by taking a few quick steps before you head out for the break.
Please note that electricity is not turned off during holiday breaks, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems will cycle on and off as needed.
Please follow these procedures for maximum energy savings:
- Completely power down all computers, monitors, printers, copy machines and televisions.
- Switch off power strips.
- Turn off office and break room lights.
- Close blinds to keep rooms cool.
- Ensure all classroom equipment is turned off.
- Unplug appliances.
- Empty and clean the break room refrigerator. Designate someone in your area to be responsible for emptying and cleaning the refrigerator on the last day before the break. Print and attach this flyer to let users know to remove their personal food/beverages.
Here is a helpful summary shutdown checklist as you prepare for the extended holiday.