Thursday April 16, 2020
A Message From Sam Dunham, Assistant Director, Employee Development
Thank you supervisors for all that you have done over the past few weeks to continue driving our work and supporting your teams. We have been able to do great work for our students and each other due to your leadership and guidance. With many of us working remotely, it is still important for accomplishments to be recognized as recognition is the foundation that builds a caring and engaged team. Although the way that we are completing our work may look different, there are many ways that you can still recognize great work happening in your team.
We have created a quick reference guide on how you can recognize great work in a remote setting and hope that you may use these tips to begin thinking through how to recognize the great work on your team.Some of the tips you will find in the reference sheet include:
- Being ready to recognize colleagues for accomplishments as quickly as possible
- Describing how their contributions impact the overall team goals and the College’s mission and vision
- Making the recognition personal
- Looking for everyday opportunities to recognize
- Utilizing Valencia’s channels for recognition
If you need additional help in thinking through ways to recognize your team or the members on it, please contact Deanne Abrams, director, employee development at email@example.com or 407-299-5000, extension 5151, or me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 5140.