Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Do you need assistance navigating the programs offered to you through Valencia College’s UnitedHealthcare (UHC) plans? Do you need help managing a chronic health condition? Are you concerned about weight management? To help you get answers to questions such as these and manage your healthcare, meet Jessica Johnson, Valencia College’s full-time UHC nurse liaison.
Our UHC nurse liaison is a brand-new Total Reward offered at no cost to employees, their spouses and their dependents who are enrolled in Valencia’s UHC medical plans. Nurse Jessica will be based on-site at Valencia (when we return to our campuses and locations) and will:
- Help you and your family make better healthcare decisions;
- Provide support and clarification on UHC benefits;
- Demonstrate how to navigate UHC tools and resources;
- Refer you to appropriate wellness programs and services;
- Provide health education through in-person and virtual classes;
- Create and implement Valencia-specific wellness programs;
- Provide support for chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension and asthma; and
- Offer condition management, as well as UHC plan specifics and member resources.
Jessica Johnson, MSN, RN, has been a nurse for 22 years and has a background in the acute care hospital setting providing direct patient care, education and leadership in various specialty areas. She received a Bachelor of Science in nursing from University of Central Florida and a Master of Science in nursing from Western Governors University. She was born and raised in Central Florida, where she continues to live and raise her family. She has a passion for learning, leading and teaching others in order to provide the best possible outcomes for her members.
Although Nurse Jessica is employed by UHC, she’ll be working in collaboration with the Valencia Total Rewards team to support our faculty and staff and their family members enrolled in our UHC medical plans. You can contact Nurse Jessica at email@example.com or 407-866-8134.
Please note that none of your personal information will be shared with Valencia College. All of your personal health information will be protected in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).