Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Learning Day is this Friday, February 12, 2021. Here’s what you need to know to participate in this virtual event.
– Please register no later than Wednesday, February 10, 2021, at 5 p.m. Click here for registration details.
– Learning Day is a regular work day for faculty and staff, and programming will be provided between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Employees are encouraged and expected to use the afternoon for independent learning, such as reading, reflecting and participating in on-demand courses through LinkedIn Learning. For a list of suggested independent learning courses, click here.
– To start your Learning Day on Friday, simply visit the Learning Day website where you will find the schedule and Zoom links for each event. We’ll kick off at 8:30 a.m. with an address from College President Sandy Shugart, followed by our keynote from Manu Shahi, on “The Four Stages of Change: Using Your Past Experiences With Change as a Field Guide to Help You Navigate Through Your Upcoming Transition.”
– We recommend that you review the list of the more than 90 learning sessions in advance, so you know what you’d like to attend. To view the sessions, visit the Learning Day website, and select Learning Session I, Learning Session II and Learning Session III. Individual Zoom links for each session are located in the description blocks. Learning sessions are first-come, first-served and will be capped at approximately 100 people. If you find that a session is full, please select another session.
– Make sure your version of Zoom is up to date. Use your Valencia College credentials (username/login) to access the Zoom sessions.
– Prior to the event, get your breakfast and lunch ready. Consider scheduling a Zoom lunch with your work friends or team.
– Wear your favorite Valencia College T-shirt (and don’t forget to wear pants!).
– Keep your camera on as often as possible, and engage with your colleagues in the learning sessions.
– Share your Learning Day experiences and photos by posting to social media using the hashtag, #OurValencia. Your Twitter and Instagram posts will be collected and showcased on our #OurValencia tagboard (Note: Facebook posts will not populate on the tagboard).
View a video on how to navigate the Learning Day website and select your learning sessions.
If you have questions, read the Learning Day Frequently Asked Questions found on this webpage. For additional questions, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748). For technical support during the event, contact the Office of Information Technology at 407-299-5000, extension 5555.