A message from Tom Keller, Director of Benefits
Valencia’s open enrollment period is here, and we want you to know that we’ve got you covered. Now through Friday, October 30, 2015, take advantage of the new health plan options and enroll in your 2016 benefits.
Open enrollment is your chance to select your 2016 benefits package, including enrolling in health, dental or vision, choosing to opt-out of the health plans, or signing up for a flexible spending account. Please note that it is critical that you participate in the enrollment process before the deadline on Friday, October 30, 2015, to elect or decline your benefits.
Watch the following video for steps to make the best benefits decisions.
To enroll in your 2016 benefits:
1. Log in to your Atlas account.
2. Click on the Employees tab.
3. In the My Human Resources channel, select Benefits & Wellness.
4. Click on the BenefitFocus portal (formerly known as HRinTouch).
5. Select the 2016 Open Enrollment button on the top-right that says, “Click Here to Enroll in Your Benefits.”
You have many resources available to assist you with making the best 2016 benefits decisions:
– Missed going to one of the Benefits Tour sessions? Go to the BenefitFocus portal to watch one of the recorded English or Spanish webinars for all of your 2016 enrollment information.
– Visit Valencia’s UnitedHealthcare website to view details of the new health plans, make plan comparisons and search the provider network. Or call UnitedHealthcare’s member services line at 844-217-0931 to speak to a representative about our plan details and provider network. Just identify yourself as a Valencia College employee when you call.
– Download and review the health plan comparison and monthly premium charts, along with the summaries of the dental and vision plans.
– Review this article on The Grove for some tips to help you select the most appropriate health insurance coverage for you and your family.
– Check out the 2016 Open Enrollment tab on the BenefitFocus portal for more detailed resources about all your benefits options.
– Download step-by-step instructions from the front page of the BenefitFocus portal to assist you with the enrollment process.
– Your benefits team will be available in campus computer labs to assist you with your benefits open enrollment at the following dates, times and locations:
Please note that this year, you will also be required to enter your life insurance beneficiary information into BenefitFocus when you enroll in your benefits. Make sure to have all of your beneficiary contact information prepared before you enroll, including address and telephone number for each.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call extension 8266.