March 2016 Procurement News

When to Use a Consultant Agreement


A message from Rhonda Ulmer, Managing Director of Procurement

When do I use the Consultant Agreement?
A consultant agreement is used when the College requires an experienced professional or business to provide expert knowledge in an advisory capacity for a particular project or business decision.

Consulting services consist of those services that require a custom or tailored scope of services and fee schedule. Typically, those services may take several days, months or longer to complete. Examples of consulting services include, but are not limited to:

  • Grant-Related Services
  • Marketing Analysis or Gap Analysis
  • Banking Services
  • Medical/Physician Services
  • Fact Finding, Research or Survey Services
  • Human Services
  • Management Services
  • Curriculum or Program Design Services
  • Accounting and Auditing Services
  • Engineering and Architectural Professional Services
  • Real Estate Services
  • Facility Management Services
  • Design Services

Where do I obtain the Consultant Agreement?
The Consultant Agreement is updated from time to time to maintain compliance with changing policy and regulations. A copy of the most current consultant agreement can be obtained by contacting the Procurement Department at Procurement is more than happy to assist you in developing and completing the consultant agreement.

Please remember that all agreements must be routed for review by the General Counsel’s Office first and then signed by Vice President of Business Operations and Finance Loren Bender.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.