A Message from Stacey Johnson, President, East and Winter Park Campuses
Whether you require space or technological tools to work, consultation with a faculty developer/instructional designer or just an opportunity to connect with fellow educators, the Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation (CTLI) can serve as your go-to resource for an array of needs.
– Professional Development — Professional development courses are available in the Valencia EDGE. For a list of newly designed or redesigned courses, please see the July 2018 Faculty Insight article with deep links directly to the Valencia EDGE. If you need help registering for courses, please stop by the East Campus CTLI office in Building 4, Room 133.
– Canvas Resources — If you are looking for a great one-stop shop for Canvas resources, check out the Valencia Canvas Resources Page, accessible from the Valencia homepage. Alongside some general FAQs, these highlights are included in this resource:
- Form for requesting additional sandboxes;
- How to submit the last date of attendance;
- How to use the attendance tool in Canvas;
- Rubric for Online Competencies (ROC); and
- Cool things you can do with Canvas.
– Associate Faculty Certification — The Associate Faculty Certification is Valencia’s way of annually recognizing and rewarding part-time faculty members who take advantage of Valencia’s professional development activities. The certification supports faculty members in their ongoing commitment to the enhancement of their knowledge, skills and abilities that lead to student learning and academic success.
- Initial Certification — If you are currently taking courses toward your initial certification, please remember that the deadline for successfully completing (1) LCTS:1110 Teaching in Our Learning College, (2) a minimum of 30 additional professional development hours (as reflected on your Valencia EDGE professional development transcript) and (3) the online application for your initial Associate Faculty Certification is Saturday, June 15, 2019. For initial certification details, click here. Please note, any progress you make toward earning the initial certification can be applied to a future year if you are unable to successfully complete all the requirements successfully before Saturday, June 15, 2019.
- Certification Renewal — If you are seeking certification renewal for the 2018 – 2019 academic year, please remember to renew by Saturday, June 15, 2019. Please ensure that you have (1) successfully completed a minimum of 20 professional development hours as reflected on your Valencia EDGE professional development transcript between Sunday, July 1, 2018, and Saturday, June 15, 2019, and (2) completed the renewal application.
If you have any questions on any of the above resources, please stop by CTLI located in Building 4, Room 133.