In collaboration with the procurement, finance and budgeting departments, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) is implementing a new, centralized purchasing process for the acquisition of all technology equipment and software. The new process went into effect Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
This centralized purchasing model for technology hardware and software will:
- Streamline the process of technology procurement
- Ensure licensing compliance for software and that devices are compatible with Valencia’s network environment
- Provide increased information security and efficient technical support by OIT
- Increase the efficiency and savings for Valencia College
Requesting and Approving Technology Equipment for Purchase
To access the new system for purchasing technology hardware and software, budget managers and those who can submit purchase orders may follow these steps:
- Log in to Atlas
- Go to the Employees tab
- In the Employee Support channel, click on “Service Requests”
- From the drop down menu, select “Technology Purchases”
- Enter your Atlas login username and password (this step will be automated in the coming weeks)
Upon accessing the system, you will be able to enter technology purchase requests (orders), view the technical purchases associated with your budget for the fiscal year-to-date and review and approve any technical purchases from your assigned budget.
All technology purchases should be made using this system. Once a purchase is submitted, OIT will review and approve the order. Budget managers can then approve the order in the system. Purchases will be fulfilled and delivered to the requestor by OIT.
Training on the new process is currently being developed by OIT, in partnership with Employee Development, and will include classroom training and video tutorials. Announcements for scheduled training sessions will be made soon via The Juice and available in The Grove in mid-July.
Should you have any questions about this new process, please contact the OIT Service Desk at OITServiceDesk@valenciacollege.edu or at extension 5555. You may also submit a service request through our online portal.