Thursday, April 30, 2020
During this time of rapid movement to online teaching, we look to our seasoned leaders in online learning to guide the way. The Just-in-time Faculty Development Series offers short, targeted development opportunities brought to you by online learning leaders and strategically offered during relevant points in the academic term. Whether there is new educational technology like Zoom or helpful tips for sending Canvas final grades to Banner, this series has something for everyone at just the right time. To find the latest, essential session, visit the new Just-in-time Courses webpage on the Faculty Development website.
The next course in the series is:
Authentic Assessment (ASMT2910)
Learn just-in-time-for-summer collaborative activities to adjust your course-level assessments and enhance your capacity for authentic assessment in online courses.
Additional Resources and Support
This summer, the Teaching and Learning team will direct efforts toward supporting hundreds of faculty in attaining Digital Professor Certification. This means you will continue to engage with your teaching and learning colleagues in new ways. The new “Classroom to Canvas” resource provides a crosswalk from your classroom practices to Canvas alternatives. Here are a few additional resources and ways to seek support:
– To reach out to a member of the Teaching and Learning team for assistance, please use the Faculty Support Request.
– There are multiple methods to access help with Canvas. Select the Help button at the bottom of the left-hand menu inside Canvas to access the following options:
- Chat with Canvas Support 24/7. Chat live with someone from Canvas to get support for any issues you are experiencing.
- Support Hotline 407-299-5000, extension 5600 – Speak 24/7 with a Canvas support agent.
- Create a Support Ticket – Submit a ticket when you need to ask a question but can’t stay on the phone or chat live.
– Visit the Canvas Resources website for existing and new resources.