The John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards, created by the League for Innovation in the Community College, is now open to League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Valencia is proud to participate in this recognition program for the third consecutive year.
All full-time employees of the College, including faculty (annually appointed faculty, tenure-earning and tenured), career staff and professional staff, are eligible to be nominated for this honor, provided that they have not received the award in the last five years.
Recipients will be recognized in a series of activities and promotions and have the option of being honored at special events at the League’s Innovations conference, to be held on Sunday, March 8 — Wednesday, March 11, 2015, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Each campus president has established criteria for nominations on their campus as follows:
East/Winter Park Campuses are seeking nominations for exceptional employees who:
- Contribute to the advancement of innovation and creativity on East and Winter Park Campuses.
- Provide leadership through participation in divisional, campus and collegewide initiatives.
- Exhibit expertise/scholarship in his/her specific field/discipline and work.
- Demonstrate outstanding contributions to campus and college learning communities.
Osceola/Lake Nona Campuses are seeking nominations for exceptional employees who:
- Exhibit a spirit of innovation that goes “above and beyond” what’s expected.
- Recognize that our students are amazing and demonstrate a commitment to helping them reach their full potential.
- Make a significant contribution to creating the right conditions to support learning on campus.
West Campus is seeking nominations for exceptional employees who:
- Contribute to the advancement of innovation and excellence in learning on the West Campus.
- Provide outstanding demonstration of the scholarship of teaching and learning to support student success.
- Demonstrate leadership in campus, division or inter-disciplinary learning initiatives.
- Exhibit substantial involvement in developing learning support services and pathways for students.
Please consider nominating a worthy colleague by Wednesday, October 15, 2014.For details about eligibility, selection, nomination and recognition, click here.
For additional information about the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards, you may click here or call your campus president’s office:
East/Winter Park Campuses:
Becky Hopkins, office systems manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2216
Barbara Shepherd-Lopez, office systems manager, at email@example.com or extension 1277
Osceola/Lake Nona Campuses:
Laura Oldroyd, executive assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 4101