We are pleased to announce that applications for sabbatical leave for the 2016-2017 academic year are now being accepted. The purpose of sabbatical leave is to provide professional renewal for eligible faculty, administrators and professional staff employees.
Sabbatical leave has provided employees like Brian Macon, Yasmeen Qadri and Tim Grogan significant opportunities for new, or renewed, achievement and growth through activities such as study, research, writing, creative work and travel so that they return to work with renewed vigor, perspective and insight.
Full-time, tenured faculty, administrators and professional staff with at least seven years of continuous, qualifying Valencia service and not in the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) are eligible to apply for a sabbatical leave. For more information, please refer to the Sabbatical Leave policy and procedure and other pertinent information on the sabbatical leave Web page.Important Deadlines
- Candidates must submit the online application by Friday, October 17, 2014.
- Once the application is completed and submitted, the dean or immediate supervisor will receive the form and accompanying materials for approval, prior to sending to your senior administrator for endorsement. Deadline for deans or immediate supervisors to submit approval is Friday, October 24, 2014.
- Applications approved by the dean or immediate supervisor and endorsed by the senior administrator will be forwarded to the director of faculty and instructional development by Friday, October 31, 2014.
- The Sabbatical Leave Committee will evaluate and make recommendations to the college president by Thursday, January 1, 2015.
- Applicants granted sabbatical leave, as well as their dean or immediate supervisor, will be notified by the president no later than Saturday, January 10, 2015.
For questions, contact Wendi Dew, chair of the Sabbatical Leave Committee and director of faculty and instructional development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 3841 or Jenny Charriez, director of employee development, at email@example.com or extension 8250.
Read about other sabbatical experiences:
- Sarah Melanson Sabbatical Brings New Opportunities for Internationalization
- Steve Cunningham Teaches English in Russia
- Christie Pickeral Expands Service Learning Opportunities and Brings Literacy to Mountain Village