In recognition of the long tradition of excellence in community college teaching and leadership, the League for Innovation in the Community College established the John and Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards in 2012. These awards are open to League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Recipients are recognized in a series of activities and promotions and honored at special events at the League’s Innovations conference each spring.
Campus-based, full-time employees of the College, including full-time faculty, are eligible to be nominated for this honor — provided they have not received the award in the last five years.
Each president has established the following criteria for nominations:
East and Winter Park Campuses’ Criteria:
- Contribute to the advancement of innovation and creativity on East and Winter Park Campuses.
- Provide leadership through participation in divisional, campus and collegewide initiatives.
- Exhibit expertise/scholarship in his/her specific field/discipline and work.
- Demonstrate outstanding contributions to campus and college learning communities.
- Exhibit spirit of innovation that goes above and beyond what’s expected.
- Recognize that our students are amazing and demonstrate a commitment to helping them reach their full potential.
- Make a significant contribution to creating the right conditions to support learning on campus.
- Contribute to the advancement of innovation and excellence in learning on the West Campus.
- Provide outstanding demonstration of the scholarship of teaching and learning to support student success.
- Demonstrate leadership in campus, division or inter-disciplinary learning initiatives.
- Exhibit substantial involvement in developing learning support services and pathways for students.
Please nominate a worthy colleague before Friday, October 13, 2017.
For details about eligibility, selection, nomination and recognition, click here.
For additional information about the John and Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards Program, you may click here, or call your Campus President’s Office:
- East and Winter Park Campuses: 407-299-5000, extension 2216
- Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses: 407-299-5000, extension 4101
- West Campus: 407-299-5000, extension 1277