A Message from Wendi Dew, Assistant Vice President, Teaching and Learning and Ryan Kane, Assistant Vice President, Organizational Development and Inclusion
We are pleased to announce that the application process for sabbatical leave for the 2019-2020 academic year is now open.
The purpose of sabbatical leave is to provide professional renewal for eligible faculty, administrators and exempt staff employees. A sabbatical should provide the individual with a significant opportunity for new, or renewed, achievement and growth through activities such as study, research, writing, creative work and travel, so that the individual’s teaching and/or professional effectiveness may be enhanced. To read how your colleagues used their sabbaticals, click here.
Full-time tenured faculty, administrators and exempt staff employees who have at least seven years of continuous qualifying Valencia service and who are not in the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) are eligible to apply for sabbatical leave. For more information, please refer to the Sabbatical Leave policy and procedure.
Click the button below to apply.
- Sabbatical leave application opens Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Candidates must submit an online application by Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Once the application is completed and submitted, the dean or immediate supervisor will receive the form and accompanying materials for approval, prior to sending to your senior administrator for endorsement. Deadline for deans or immediate supervisors to submit approval is Friday, October 20, 2017.
- Applications approved by the dean or immediate supervisor and endorsed by the senior administrator will be forwarded to the assistant vice president of teaching and learning by Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- The Sabbatical Leave Committee will evaluate and make recommendations to the college president by Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Campus presidents and vice presidents are notified by the president no later than Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
- Applicants granted sabbatical leave, and their dean or immediate supervisor, will be notified by the college president Monday, January 22, 2018.
To view the Sabbatical Leave policy and procedures, application materials and other pertinent information, click here.
For further information or questions, please contact us at (Wendi) email@example.com or at 407-299-5000, extension 3841, or at (Ryan) firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 3421.