Tuesday, September 7, 2021
The application process for Sabbatical Leave for the 2023-2024 academic year is now open. The purpose of Sabbatical Leave is to provide professional renewal for eligible faculty. A sabbatical should provide the individual with a significant opportunity for new, or renewed, achievement and growth through activities such as study, research, writing, creative work and travel, so that the individual’s teaching and/or professional effectiveness may be enhanced.
Full-time, tenured faculty who have at least five years of continuous, qualifying Valencia service and who are not in the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) are eligible to apply for Sabbatical Leave but must complete seven years of continuous, qualifying service before a Sabbatical Leave can commence. For more information, please refer to the Sabbatical Leave policy and procedure.
Click the button below to apply.
- Sabbatical Leave application opened Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
- Candidates must submit the online application by Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Once the application is completed and submitted, the dean will receive the form and accompanying materials for approval. The deadline to review and approve is Tuesday, October 8, 2021.
- Applications approved by the dean or immediate supervisor will be forwarded to the respective campus president/vice president for endorsement by Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
- Applicants who have been granted Sabbatical Leave will be notified by their campus president/vice president by February 2022.
For additional information or questions, please contact Wendi Dew, assistant vice president, teaching and learning, at email@example.com or 407-582-3841 or Jaclyn Taylor, coordinator, employee development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-582-5567.