As the University of Central Florida (UCF) and Valencia prepare to open UCF Downtown and Valencia College Downtown in the fall of 2019, we’re looking to fill roles that will be essential to the success of the campus and its impact on the Parramore community. Currently, we’re recruiting a passionate director of downtown community engagement.
The director of downtown community engagement will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive community engagement plan for the Downtown Campus aligned with campus-wide community engagement initiatives, the Downtown Campus mission, vision and goals and the plans for increasing services and philanthropic support within the Parramore community.
The plan will focus on five specific areas:
- Creating employment and training opportunities
- Developing a comprehensive community health focus with internal and external partners
- Creating a seamless path from preschool to post-secondary education
- Creating a safe environment where residents can freely engage and take part in all their local community offers
- Ensuring the preservation of Parramore’s culture and heritage by exploring avenues to provide affordable housing for its residents
If you’re passionate about making a difference and improving the Parramore community’s quality of life and educational access, we sincerely hope you will consider applying for this role and recommending it to other qualified candidates.
For more information about this position, please click here.
This position will close on Wednesday, April 4, 2017, at 7 p.m.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).