Valencia College is hiring an East Campus dean of humanities and foreign languages to promote academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia’s Strategic Learning Plan. The person in the role will be a front-line learning leader of the College and a member of the campus president’s executive staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master’s degree, or higher, from a regionally accredited institution in humanities or related discipline.
- College-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Leadership and supervisory experience of faculty and administrative staff.
- Experience with supporting, managing and accessing division programs that will support student learning.
- Experience working collaboratively with general education deans collegewide on curriculum, instructional materials, grants and assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral, written and presentation skills; and exceptional listening skills.
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns.
- Experience in administering the budget by collaborating with faculty and staff to determine funding needs and priorities.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the ability to meet work deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
For more information about this position and to apply, click here. This position is open to both internal and external candidates. Apply by Monday, March 16, 2020, at 7 p.m.
External candidates may apply by clicking the Apply Now button that appears on the upper-left-hand corner of the page linked above.
Internal candidates may apply by following these directions:
- Visit the Valencia EDGE in Atlas.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keywords “dean” and click Search.
- Click on the job ad or more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).