Valencia College is currently seeking candidates to fill two dean roles on the West Campus: a dean of communications and a dean of business.
Both positions are strategic, front-line learning leadership roles responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia’s Strategic Learning Plan. The ideal candidates for both positions will have:
- A master’s degree, or higher, from a regionally accredited institution in a related field.
- Extensive industry experience and college-level teaching experience.
- Leadership and supervisory experience of faculty and administrative staff.
- Experience with supporting, managing and assessing division programs that will support student learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral, written and presentation skills; exceptional listening skills.
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the ability to meet work deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Both internal and external candidates are welcome to apply.
If you’re interested in this role, internal candidates may apply by following these directions:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keyword Dean and click Search.
- Click on the position of your choice for more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).