A Message from Kathleen Plinske, Executive Vice President and Provost
Valencia College is currently in the process of recruiting our next vice president of student affairs. Recruitment efforts began in December 2018, and the selection committee is now reviewing candidate applications. The position will remain open until filled and both internal and external applicants are welcome to apply.
The vice president of student affairs provides strategic leadership for the development, implementation, assessment and oversight of student services across the Valencia College system. The vice president leads the development of systems that meet the needs of a diverse student population and enhances student learning and persistence. He or she also develops relationships with K-12 and university partners based on the College’s position in the region’s educational ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have completed a doctoral degree (or equivalent coursework), senior administrative-level leadership in high education and experience in leading change to create an organizational culture that is responsive to student needs.
For a complete job description, click here.
If you’re interested in this role, you can apply by following these directions:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keywords Student Affairs and click Search.
- Click on the Vice President, Student Affairs Job Ad for more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).