A Message from Falecia Williams, President, West and Downtown Campuses
We have officially opened a national search process to hire the executive dean for the Downtown Campus. If you know a Valencia colleague or an external candidate whom you believe would serve as an outstanding leader for the new campus, please encourage him or her to apply.
For additional information about the Downtown Campus, click here.
Essential job functions include:
1. Develops a campus environment that develops and deploys resources that enable faculty and staff to create positive, effective and innovative learning environments. Supports faculty in developing assessment mechanisms that will document increases in learning.
2. Recruits and supports exceptional full- and part-time faculty and staff who are committed to student learning.
3. Works collaboratively with the campus president and other learning leaders collegewide to ensure the effective planning, analysis and evaluation of campus academic priorities. Provides leadership in the design, implementation and assessment of campus academic and operational initiatives and campus enrollment plans, under the purview of the campus president.
4. Responsible for all aspects of campus operations. Collaborates with facilities, security, maintenance, vendors and other groups to ensure safe and efficient operations.
6. Ensures the integrity of academic programs by upholding professional and accreditation standards.
7. In support of College and campus priorities, works collaboratively with collegewide professional development leaders to develop, coordinate and implement campus-wide orientation and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff. Works closely with the Teaching and Learning Academy to ensure effective implementation of the pre-tenure process.
8. Represents the campus and the College with local and state agencies, secondary and post-secondary institutions and local employers as they relate to campus learning initiatives. Develops strong partnerships with community stakeholders in support of College programming. Understands and contributes to local efforts in economic development.
9. Responsible for developing and allocating assigned budgets. Coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of local campus budgets and externally funded grants under the purview of the campus president.
10. Responsible for supervising, developing and evaluating assigned staff.
11. Fulfills all reporting obligations of an identified “administrator” in the Valencia College Policy on Child Abuse Reporting (Policy: 6Hx28:10-09).
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
For a list of qualifications and knowledge, skills and abilities recommended for the job, or to apply:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Select Administrative and Professional Positions.
- Find the posting entitled, Executive Dean, Downtown Campus.
- Click on the Job Ad for more information or Apply Now to submit your application. You may also share the job ad via email or LinkedIn with potential candidates.
The closing date to apply is Friday, August 19, 2016, at 7 p.m., and interviews are expected to take place in September.