A Message from Amy Bosley, Vice President, Organizational Development and Human Resources
In an effort to ensure Valencia’s Organizational Development and Human Resources (ODHR) team is properly equipped to support collegewide partners and operations, several changes have recently been made within the ODHR team. These changes, which include new reporting structures, have been accomplished by reconfiguring existing teams and adding one new staff member, resulting in minimal budgetary impact.
Key personnel and organizational changes include:
Employee Development and Inclusion
- The Employee Development team is now Employee Development and Inclusion, as the team will deepen its focus on diversity and inclusion and further integrate these themes in employee development programs.
- Leda Pacheco, formerly coordinator, employee development, has been promoted to assistant director, employee development and inclusion.
- Samuel Dunham, Sally Leslie and Luisa Sersch have joined the Employee Development and Inclusion team as coordinators. They will focus on awards and recognition, supervisor development and the development of required training programs.
Total Rewards and Workforce Planning
- Mary Beth Clifton, formerly director, total rewards and workforce planning, has been promoted to assistant vice president, total rewards and workforce planning.
- Laurie Youngman, formerly manager, employee wellness and support, is now director, compensation and workforce planning.
- Dan Suarez, coordinator, total rewards, transitioned from the Benefits team to the Compensation team.
Organizational Design and Development
- Katie Tagye, whose previous roles include being a faculty fellow for the Collaborative Design Center (CDC) and a tenured speech professor, has been assigned as interim director, organizational design and development, at the CDC in Building 10 on the West Campus.
HR Policy and Compliance Programs
- The HR Policy and Employee Relations team is now HR Policy and Compliance Programs. The team will include Employee Relations, HR Policy Development and Compliance Programs, which focuses on worker’s compensation, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, re-employment assistance and other key programs.
- Michelle Sever, formerly director, HR policy and employee relations, is now director, HR policy and compliance programs.
- Lauren Bojalad, formerly assistant director, employee relations, has been promoted to director, employee relations.
- Joanna Victoria, formerly a human resources specialist, has now joined the HR Policy and Compliance Programs team as manager, human resources compliance programs.
- Anna Castillo joined the HR Policy and Compliance Programs team as a part-time administrative assistant.
- Mariann Swenson, formerly manager, human resources compliance programs, is now interim director, employee records and services. This will ensure a smooth transition to the director position upon Director of Employee Records and Services Vicki Nelson’s retirement.
Employment and Onboarding
- Val San Marco joined the employment and onboarding team as recruiter, human resources, which will enable strategic recruitment as we prepare to build and sustain a competitive workforce.
Conferencing and College Events
- Steven Kaczmarczyk, formerly, coordinator, conferencing and college events, was promoted to assistant director, conferencing and college events.
- Deborah Dash is now implementation coordinator, conferencing and college events.
To view an updated organizational chart of ODHR, click the button below.