A Message from Kathleen Plinske, President, Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses
Tuesday, October 10, 2017, the Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses will host our Fall Open House, formerly known as College Night.
Rather than hosting a traditional college fair during the evening as we have done in years past, we will showcase what Valencia and several of our partner universities have to offer during an open house event from 6 – 9 p.m. at the Osceola Campus. As has been the case in years past, no credit classes will be held on October 10 at the Osceola, Lake Nona or Poinciana Campuses.
The Fall Open House for East, West and Winter Park is scheduled for Thursday, October 12, 2017.
Highlights of the Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campus Open House include:
- 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – We will welcome approximately 1,000 high school students to the Osceola Campus for a special program in which they will learn more about their intended field of study as well as potential college and university options.
- 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. – We will have a meeting of all faculty and staff from the Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses to review our progress on our Campus Plan, as well as continue our planning for the future. Please meet in the Auditorium (overflow seating will be available in classrooms on the first floor of Building 2).
- 3 – 5 p.m. – We will have a special drop-in “ice cream” social in the Exhibition Hall (outside of the Auditorium), featuring Jeremiah’s Italian Ice to celebrate Valencia’s recognition as a “Great College to Work For.
- 4 – 6 p.m. – Faculty are welcome to visit the Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation (Building 4, Room 124) to learn about Canvas and receive support in the process of converting course materials from Blackboard to Canvas.
- 6 – 9 p.m. – We will open the doors of the Osceola Campus to welcome hundreds of community members interested in learning more about their post-secondary options. Please share this flyer with your neighbors, friends, and family and invite them to join us!
You likely have already heard from your supervisor with specific details about your schedule for the day. If you would like to assist with our high school guests in the morning, please contact Landon Shephard, campus dean, learning support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 4877. If you would like to assist at Open House in the evening, please contact Max Arb, manager, campus operations, at email@example.com or 407-299-5000, extension 4215.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your supervisor or me directly.