Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Join your colleagues this Friday, February 11, 2022, for Learning Day, a time to learn, celebrate and inspire each other.
To begin our Learning Day, College President Kathleen Plinske will be joined by CampusWorks CEO Liz Murphy, who has been selected to support Valencia’s reimagining and redesign of our students’ experiences as they consider, enroll, register, learn and complete their educational goals at the College. Kathleen and Liz will explore national and local trends in higher education and the impact of those trends on Valencia.
Following the discussions, attendees may choose three of the more than 70 learning sessions in six themes — adaptability and change, equity and inclusion, engagement through technology, personal development, sustainability and community building, and wellness.
Here’s what you need to know to participate in this virtual event.
– Please register no later than Thursday, February 10, 2022. Click here for registration details.
– Learning Day is a regular work day for faculty and staff, and programming will be provided between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Employees are encouraged and expected to use the afternoon for independent learning such as reading, reflecting and participating in on-demand courses through LinkedIn Learning. View a list of suggested independent learning courses.
– We recommend that you review the list of learning sessions in advance, so you know what you’d like to attend. To view the sessions and speakers, visit Zoom Events.
– For the best Learning Day experience, please make sure your version of Zoom is up to date. To update within the Zoom application, click on your photo or initials in the top right corner. Then, click “Check for Updates.” Updates will be completed automatically. Please note that it will be necessary to use your Valencia College credentials (username/login) to access the Zoom sessions. Please do not use personal credentials.
– Prior to the event, get your breakfast and lunch ready. Consider scheduling a Zoom lunch with your work friends or team.
– Wear your favorite Valencia College T-shirt (and don’t forget to wear pants!).
– Join in the fun by using one of these Learning Day Zoom backgrounds.
– Keep your camera on as often as possible and engage with your colleagues in the learning sessions.
– Share your Learning Day experiences and photos by posting to social media using the hashtag #LearningDay2022. And email your photos to The_Grove@valenciacollege.edu. Emailed photos will be shared in an upcoming issue of The Juice and in The Grove.
View a video on navigating the Learning Day website, reviewing the checklist and FAQs, exploring learning sessions, and registering for the event.
If you have questions, read the Learning Day Frequently Asked Questions. For additional questions, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-HR4U (4748). For technical support during the event, contact the Office of Information Technology at 407-299-5555.