Monday, July 12, 2021
A Message from Mike Favorit, Managing Director, Safety and Security
Starting Sunday, August 1, 2021, the beginning of Roadmap for Reopening Phase 4 operations, Valencia College parking permits and ID cards will be available for employees and students through our Security offices.
Employee Parking Permits for All Campuses Except Downtown
All faculty and staff parking permits expired on Friday, June 30, 2021. Beginning on Sunday, August 1, to request a new parking permit, follow these steps:
– Log in to Atlas
– Click on the Employees tab
– In the My Human Resources channel, select Update Your Information
– Click Parking Permit Application
– Select Request a Permit
– Click Continue
– Select Faculty as the Type of Permit
– Complete and print the application and then take it, along with vehicle registration and photo ID, to one of the following security locations:
- District Office – Security Desk
- East Campus – Building 5, Room 220
- Lake Nona Campus – Room 155
- Osceola Campus – Building 2, Room 109
- Poinciana Campus – Building 1, Room 103
- School of Public Safety – Security Desk
- West Campus – Building SSB, Room 170
- Winter Park Campus – Security Desk
All vehicles operated by employees in connection with attendance or employment at Valencia College must display a current parking permit. And yes, you can get a ticket if you do not have an updated permit.
Like in previous years, you will have a choice between a hang tag or a sticker, and you may register more than one vehicle provided that current registration information is supplied for each vehicle. New faculty/staff parking permits will expire on Sunday, June 30, 2024.
Downtown Campus Employee Parking Permits
For Downtown Campus employees, if you do not have a parking permit, and if you have a regularly scheduled reoccurring assignment downtown, have your supervisor contact Eugene Jones, executive dean, Downtown Campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 1635. Faculty/staff parking is available with a Valencia College Downtown Campus parking permit on the third floor of the Paramore Parking Garage.
Employee IDs for All Campuses Except Downtown
Your ID from prior to the pandemic is still valid; however, when you return to campus, you may need to request to have your door access renewed, as access is deactivated every two years, per audit standards. If you find you must renew your access, call your campus Security office.
If you have a new job that requires different access, ask your supervisor to email your region’s director of security to request access:
– East and Winter Park Campuses – Kevin Brunelle, email@example.com
– Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses: Misty Ellis Peaslee, firstname.lastname@example.org
– West Campus – email@example.com
If you are a new employee who did not receive an employee ID due to our campus closure, visit the East, Lake Nona, Osceola, Poinciana, West or Winter Park Campus Security office (building locations listed above).
Downtown Campus Employee IDs
For questions on ID access or to request a new ID, visit Card Services Downtown in the Communication and Media Building near the front lobby.
Student Parking Permits for All Campuses Except Downtown
Students who have registered and paid for their classes are allowed to obtain a parking permit as of Sunday, August 1, 2021. For details on how students may request a permit, click here. New permits will be valid through Friday, June 30, 2023.
Downtown Campus Student Parking Permits
For Downtown Campus students, permits are sold by University of Central Florida Parking and Transportation Services. The Downtown Campus permit gives students access to up to three parking garages (Please note that Union West parking is only for Union West residents). Students may request a Downtown Campus parking permit by following these steps:
- Log into Atlas
- Navigate to the My Atlas tab
- Within the Downtown Campus Password Tools channel, select “DTC – Atlas Username Password Reset” for UCF Systems
- Within the Account field, type your Valencia College Atlas ID
- Complete the Captcha field as prompted
- Follow the remaining prompts to create a new password.
- Select whether to have the permit mailed to you or to pick up in the Downtown Campus Parking office in the Communication and Media Building near the front lobby.
Student IDs for All Campuses Except Downtown
Students who have registered and paid for their classes may obtain their student ID. To receive a student ID, students need the following valid forms of photo identification: a government issued ID (state identification or driver’s license), passport, high school ID (for minors and dual enrollment only) and the student ID form provided in person at the Security office. Student ID cards are free; however, if a replacement ID is needed, a $5 fee is required.
Downtown Campus Student IDs
To obtain a Valencia ID at the Downtown Campus, students must visit Card Services Downtown located in the Communication and Media Building near the front lobby. Students must present one of the following valid forms of photo identification: a government issued ID (state identification or driver’s license) or passport. The first ID is free, and a replacement is $15. Students need an ID card to access campus services such as the Library and the Testing Center.