Thursday, July 16, 2020
In this Policy Update series, you’ll receive information about recently updated, repealed or approved policies to ensure you are kept abreast of key policy changes. We are excited to provide you with relevant and timely policy information to assist you in your role and your team’s contributions to the College.
By Michelle Sever, Director, Policy and Special Projects
An important aspect of an effective leader is to have a foundational understanding of the organizational culture of Valencia College. Some culture aspects include having knowledge of the College’s mission, vision and values; involvement and collaboration on the College’s strategic direction; and being familiar with the College’s governance structure.
At the June District Board of Trustees meeting, several policies surrounding the College’s governance structure were approved that provide information on various topics, ranging from the structure, roles and responsibilities of the board to how policies are reviewed and amended.
Please refer to the approved College Policies below to see the updates on Volume 1 policies:
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-01 – Organization, Authority, and Location
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-02 – General Organization
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-03 – Meetings of the District Board of Trustees
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-04 – Rules of Procedures of Meetings of the District Board of Trustees
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-05 – Officers and their Duties
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-06 – The President of the College
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-07 – Valencia Collegewide Faculty Association
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-08 – College Strategic Planning
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-10 – Policy Against Improper Activities; Whistleblower Protection
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-11 – Indemnification
- Policy 6Hx28: 1-13 – Review and Amendment of Governance Policies