Last year, the Orlando Business Journal requested and published information on all full-time Valencia employees, including name, job title and salary. And most recently, we have received a similar public records request for this information and anticipate that it will be published at some point this fall.
As an employee of a public institution, your personnel records are subject to public inspection and disclosure, including, but not limited to, your name, job title and salary information. And as a public institution, subject to Florida’s Sunshine laws, Valencia receives and responds to several public records requests each year.
Providing access to public records is deemed a “duty of each agency,” as it pertains to “all state, county and municipal records” per Florida’s Public Records laws. Please remember that this information is not considered confidential, in the absence of a specific statutory exception, and when contained in public records, generally must be included and made available in response to a public records request.
In order to assist the College in accurately responding to public records requests, please be sure that your personal information is up-to-date by completing or revising your Public Records Exemption Form found in Atlas. You can update or complete the form by following these simple steps:
- Log in to Atlas
- Click on the Employees tab
- In the My Human Resources channel, click on Update Your Information
- Click on Public Records Exemption Request
- If you completed the form previously, you will see your current exemption selection/status. To make updates, click on the pencil, and you will be taken to the form.
- If this is your first time attempting to complete this information, you will be taken directly to the form titled Address/Information Confidentiality Request
- Read through the instructions on the form
- Make your selection
- Click the “Submit” button on the bottom right-hand side of the form to complete the process
If you have additional questions regarding your personal record or the response to the Orlando Business Journal, please contact Amy Bosley, vice president, organizational development and human resources, at email@example.com.
For additional information on public records requests and Florida State Sunshine Laws, reference the following articles in The Grove: