Thursday, June 17, 2021
By Jaclyn Taylor, Coordinator, Employee Development
Starting Friday, June 18, 2021, we begin our 2021 Supervisor Summer Series. This year, we will take on topics such as leading for growth, supervising mixed-mode teams, virtual engagement, as well as managing fear and anxiety around COVID-19. Also, this year’s series includes on-demand courses from LinkedIn Learning. For up-to-date information and links to register, click here.
We will focus on the following outcomes, through a combination of individual and collective learning experiences. By the end of the series, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of the supervisor;
- Describe the importance of effective communication;
- Identify tools and resources essential for daily application; and
- Explore the challenges and opportunities of supervising in our current climate.
A certificate will be available for supervisors who complete:
- Three of the five live sessions or four on-demand courses
- A personal reflection for each topic attended
To register and receive the Zoom link, visit the Valencia EDGE. Click on the red “Open Curriculum” button, followed by the red “Activate” button to view dates and times.
If you have questions about the Supervisor Summer Series, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-299-5000, ext. 5567.