Beginning Friday, July 1, 2016, faculty members may search and register for faculty development and Teaching/Learning Academy courses, check transcripts, evaluate performance, and conduct other development tasks in one centralized location — the Valencia EDGE.
Located in Atlas, the Valencia EDGE is designed to help all faculty and staff with Employee Development, Growth and Engagement. This is the same portal faculty have used in the past for performance reviews, to apply for a new Valencia role, to send a badge to a team member, to review resumes when hiring and to register for collegewide employee development workshops and online sessions.
When you log in to the Valencia EDGE, the faculty home page will display the following clickable buttons:
- Essential Competencies – Learn more about the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator by exploring their descriptions and indicators. Search and register for courses by competency.
- Certifications, Concentrations and Programs – Browse, search and register for faculty development certifications, concentrations and programs.
- My Courses – Search and register for courses. View your schedule and transcript. Access the course calendar and catalog, as well as advising and consultation for course selection.
- Community – Connect, share and innovate with your colleagues in a variety of collaborative spaces.
- Teaching/Learning Academy – Learn more about the tenure candidate faculty induction and development process. Search and register for courses.
- Faculty Evaluations – Access faculty evaluations, classroom observations and other review tools.
- Course Calendar – See a calendar of all faculty courses.
- Course Search and Registration – Search for courses and register.
From the home page, you may also view Employee Development resources, including collegewide learning opportunities, recognition opportunities, recruitment tools and a link to search and apply for Valencia jobs.
For details on navigating the Valencia EDGE home page, watch the video below.
To access the Valencia EDGE:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Faculty tab.
- Click on the Access the EDGE graphic in the Faculty Development Channel.
If you have any questions, please visit or call your campus’ Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation.