The deadline for application for initial Associate Faculty Certification is fast approaching, with Friday, July 17, 2020, set as the new application deadline.
Initial Certification Requirements
The deadline to complete these hours and to submit an application has been extended from Monday, June 15 to Friday, July 17, 2020. Qualification in this program is not automatic.
- Required Course: 30 Hours – LCTS1110: Teaching in Our Learning College (Previously LCTS 1111)
- Electives: Successfully complete 20 Hours of Valencia College Faculty Development courses (reduced from 30 hours for the 2020-2021 year ONLY).
The Associate Faculty Certification is Valencia College’s way of annually recognizing and rewarding part-time faculty members who take advantage of Valencia’s professional development activities. The certification supports faculty members in their ongoing commitment to the enhancement of their knowledge, skills and abilities that lead to student learning and academic success.
For questions, please contact the campus directors of faculty and instructional development:
- Dori Haggerty, West and Downtown Campuses, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 1051
- Shara Lee, Osceola, Lake Nona, and Poinciana Campuses at email@example.com or 407-299-5000, extension 4723
- Sally Leslie, East and Winter Park Campuses at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 5142