Correction 8/30/13: Please note this reminder does not apply to your 2014 open enrollment. For more information about 2014 open enrollment and benefit fair schedules, please click here.
We welcome our new and returning faculty and want to remind you of a few important time-sensitive steps that you will need to complete relative to benefits and retirement enrollment.
For new or returning faculty on 4-month, 4-month transitioning to 8-month or new 8-month and 10-month contracts, the following benefit enrollment selections must be completed by September 19, 2013:
- Health or Opt Out Plan; Vision, Dental
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Life Insurance with Long-term care
To complete your enrollment, log into Atlas, click on the “Employees” tab and then the HRinTouch link found in the center column. Your effective date of coverage will be September 1, 2013.
Faculty members who are transitioning from 4-month contracts to 8-month contracts and new faculty members who are on 8-month and 10-month contracts have two options for retirement plan selection:
- Option 1: 90 days to decide on a retirement plan option with either Community College Optional Retirement Plan (CCORP) or the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Option 2: Five months to choose either the FRS Investment Plan or stay in the FRS Pension Plan
Please note: Faculty members who worked in the spring semester (in a position eligible for benefits) must re-enroll into the various insurance plans. Enrollment is not automatic upon your return in the fall.
Many of your questions can be answered by visiting the HRinTouch enrollment website via Atlas. For further assistance, please contact the Benefits and Retirement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 8266.