Faculty and staff members who ordered rental regalia for Commencement may pick it up Monday, April 25 – Friday, April 29, 2016, at the locations listed below.
As a reminder, Valencia’s 47th Annual Commencement Ceremonies will be held on Sunday, May 8, 2016, at the CFE Arena at the University of Central Florida (12777 Gemini Blvd North, Orlando, 32816).
There will be two ceremonies:
- 10 a.m. – The processional will begin at 9:40 a.m. Report to Faculty Regalia Room (Room 115) at 8:45 a.m.
- 2 p.m. – The processional will begin at 1:40 p.m. Report to the Faculty Regalia Room (Room 115) at 12:45 p.m.
Attendance is required at one of the ceremonies for all administrators, tenured and tenure-track professors, counselors, librarians and annually appointed faculty working full-time assignments in Summer A or the Full Summer terms. All faculty members received a survey in February to select the ceremony they prefer to attend. Faculty who submit a certificate of absence for commencement exercises should request a half day of leave (3.5 hours for 10-month faculty, four hours for 12-month librarians/counselors).
Attendance is optional for annually appointed faculty who are working part-time in the summer sessions and other professional staff.
All ceremony participants are to wear full academic regalia and should report to the Faculty Regalia Room at your designated time. You will enter through the rear side of the CFE Arena, directly across from Parking Garage F. Staff will be available at the entrance to direct you.
- Faculty will not follow an Order of March; however, please check in first at the Faculty Regalia Room and then line up in the hallway in preparation for the processional. Faculty who prefer to be toward the front of the line will have that option.
- Water will be available in the Faculty Regalia Room.
- In mid-April, you will receive a memo in your Valencia mail box with “Instructions for the Commencement Ceremony” and a blue “Faculty & Staff Parking Pass.” The pass must be in your car window for access into Parking Garage F (directly behind the arena). If you do not have the parking pass, you will not be allowed to park in faculty/staff parking.
- Much of the commencement traffic can be avoided by following these directions:
- From McCulloch Road, turn south on North Orion Blvd to enter campus.
- Make a right on West Plaza Drive.
- Make a left on Knights Victory Way.
- Park in Garage F.
Click on map for a larger image.
If you have any questions about regalia or commencement, contact Lisa Musrock, executive assistant, at email@example.com or extension 3401.