A Message from Amy Bosley, Vice President, Organizational Development and Human Resources
With the start of the fall term on Monday, August 24, 2020, employees who are involved in the safety, security, cleaning and maintenance of facilities, and the faculty required to deliver our on-site classes will be working on campus as part of our Phase 2 reopening. All other employees will remain in a remote work setting.
As you prepare your team members for the new term and, if applicable, our new working environment, here are resources your may reference and share.
For Employees Returning to Campus
- Roadmap for Reopening Website – As all of our plans are living documents, meaning that they will be updated in response to new guidance as we continue to monitor the coronavirus and consult with our local planning partner Orlando Health, we will keep you informed of the most up-to-date plans on this website.
- Guide for Returning to Campus – Learn about health, safety and facilities preparation, and what to expect upon returning to campus, including what to bring and what not to bring, required personal protective equipment and more.
- CDC Self-Checker – All individuals, including employees, students and vendors, coming onsite are required to complete the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Self-Checker for COVID-19 symptoms prior to arriving to campus, and, if appropriate after a self-assessment, stay home and contact a medical professional for evaluation.
- Courses Returning to Campus Document – This document provides a list of programs that will have some courses returning to our campuses during the fall 2020 term, as well as a summary of facilities that will be used for Phase 2 operations and who is expected to be on campus.
- Roadmap for Reopening FAQs – Have questions? Check out the Roadmap for Reopening FAQs. We’ll add to this document as new questions are asked and our Roadmap for Reopening evolves.
For Employees Continuing to Work Remotely
- Temporary Remote Work Guidelines – As the majority of our employees will remain working in a remote setting for the remainder of the 2020 calendar year, this document provides guidelines and clarifications for remote work.
For All Employees
- Roadmap for Reopening Phases Document – Learn about the four phases of our reopening plan and considerations for each phase.
- United Healthcare/Optum Resources – This post on The Grove provides updated information from UnitedHealthcare and Optum on resources available for health plan members affected by COVID-19. For part-time employees, Optum is offering a free emotional support helpline.
For questions or additional information, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).