Monday, December 21, 2020
Please remember to prioritize your health and safety this holiday season. During this time of family gatherings, we encourage you to keep the following practices recommended by our partner, Orlando Health, in mind as you prepare to celebrate:
- Limit the number of people gathering, as well as keeping in mind the ages of family members and being careful not to gather if sick;
- Abstain from gathering in small or poorly ventilated spaces;
- Organize Zoom get togethers in lieu of in-person gatherings when possible;
- Limit travel [Please note if you are travelling internationally, you may be required to use your sick or vacation leave to quarantine for up to 14 days before returning to campus.]; and
- Keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet.
And as a partner in the Safer, Stronger, Together initiative, Valencia also promotes adherence to safe practices to show care and respect for others in our community. So remember to:
- Wear a mask or face covering in public or when you are not able to maintain physical distance;
- Practice good hygiene by remembering to wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible; and
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces. For more information on #DoYourPartOrl, click here.
With these tips in mind and joy in our hearts, we look forward to this holiday and the hope that the new year brings. Thank you for all you do to continue to inspire and transform lives through all that 2020 has brought us. From our Valencia College family to yours, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday season.