Thursday, June 11, 2020
A Message from Falecia Williams, President, West and Downtown Campuses
Valencia College is hiring an interim dean of learning support for the West Campus. The dean works collaboratively with campus and College leadership to plan for, implement and assess the policies, procedures and operations of an innovative and high-quality learning support program. The dean is responsible for all aspects of the campus learning support programs and services including the library, tutoring services, testing center, general learning labs, SLS, supplemental learning, LinC support and instructional support. This position convenes and guides campus conversations and implementation of programs related to the New Student Experience and provides support for the developmental education expert community. Reports to the Campus President.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution [required]. Earned doctorate preferred.
- Minimum three years teaching and/or administrative experience in a community college.
- Experience in financial analysis, budget development and the design and assessment of administrative support systems. Experience with grant and grant management.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting and disseminating student engagement, academic and outcome data.
- Experience with designing and implementing professional development initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- The ability to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
To read a full description of the position, click here. To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to me at email@example.com. This position is open to internal candidates only. Apply by Monday, June 22, 2020.