Monday, February 8, 2021
A Message from Brandon McKelvey, Vice President, Analytics and Planning
Do you have ideas or suggestions for how might we encourage high school students to attend college? Or, how might we assist more students in graduating? We need answers to these questions and more to help us meet the goals outlined in our Strategic Impact Plan. You are invited to share your ideas on your campus by stopping by an On-site Idea Station.
Think about the following questions and then share your ideas or responses on the On-site Idea Station board or by completing one of the hard-copy surveys available at the station.
- What institutional actions might be causing barriers that prevent students from reaching their goals (enrolling in college, graduating, transferring into a four-year degree and/or earning a career credential)?
- How might we create a culture of equity for faculty, staff and students?
- How might we invite more high school students in Orange and Osceola counties to attend college? How might we specifically invite more Black and Hispanic students to attend college?
- How might we help students maintain momentum toward earning their degree (graduation)? How might we specifically support Black and Hispanic students in maintaining momentum toward graduation?
- How might we encourage students to complete all program prerequisites for their bachelor’s degree (courses a student needs to enter their junior year) before transferring to a four-year institution? How might we specifically encourage Black and Hispanic students to complete program prerequisites?
- How might we encourage more residents in Orange and Osceola counties to enroll in rapid credentialing and accelerated skills programs? How might we specifically encourage more Black and Hispanic residents to enroll in rapid credentialing and accelerated skills programs?
Idea Stations are located at the following locations through Monday, February 22, 2021:
- District Office – third-floor break room
- East Campus – Building 5 in the second-floor main hallway and Building 14 break room
- Lake Nona Campus – Central Energy Plant
- Osceola Campus – Building 2 in the atrium
- School of Public Safety – break room
- West Campus – SSB in the main hallway near the Security office and Building 14 outside of conference room 14-100
If you prefer to brainstorm ideas with a group, Idea Gathering Sessions are still being offered via Zoom. For dates, times and Zoom links, click here.
Or, if you prefer to brainstorm on your own, in addition to the option to submit your ideas at an On-site Idea Station listed above, you may participate in On-demand Sessions. This option will allow you to complete individually or with your team at a time that is convenient for you. For details on how to participate in the On-demand Sessions, click here.
If you have any questions, contact me at email@example.com or 407-299-5000, extension 3046, or Katie Tagye, director, organizational design and development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 1931.