Friday, November 19, 2021
These last few years have been filled with unique situations that have asked for creative solutions. Do you know of a colleague who has created an innovative project that has positively impacted Valencia College? We invite you to submit a nomination for Valencia’s ninth year in the Innovation of the Year Awards.
The League for Innovation in the Community College highlights outstanding innovations in community college education through its Innovation of the Year competition. The award is designed to recognize faculty, staff and administrators at member colleges who have created and implemented innovative programs, practices, partnerships, policies and activities that improve the institution’s ability to serve students and the community.
Winners, chosen internally by each college, will receive an honorary “Innovation of the Year” certificate from the League and have the opportunity to present their winning innovations at the 2022 Innovations Conference. One winner or winning team will be accepted for each college or district.
Take advantage of this opportunity to nominate an individual or team that you believe demonstrates innovation according to one or more of the following criteria:
- Quality – Students and/or staff agree that the innovation increases quality in the course, program, office or institution.
- Efficiency – The innovation contributes to more efficient processes.
- Cost effectiveness – The innovation adds value to the institution while containing or reducing costs.
- Replication – The innovation is easy to replicate at other institutions.
- Creativity – The innovation is original and creative.
- Timeliness – The innovation is not more than five years old at the institution, allowing plenty of time for it to be tested.
A single nomination form must be submitted for each innovation program, practice, partnership, policy or activity. Use the same nomination form to identify the person or team responsible for the design and implementation of the innovation at Valencia. Employees are also allowed to nominate themselves. Only two submissions will be accepted per nominator.
The deadline to submit your nomination is Friday, January 14, 2022.