According to Valencia’s Policy 6Hx28:3E-01, Full-Time Performance Evaluations, “all full-time College personnel shall have their performance reviewed on an annual basis, or more frequently as deemed necessary and appropriate.” The purpose of the evaluation is: to inform each employee of the quality of his or her performance and job progress; to discuss ways to improve job performance, if required; and to provide an opportunity for each employee to discuss job problems and interests with his or her supervisor.
The third article in our series on how to utilize the Valencia EDGE highlights performance evaluations.
All full-time staff members and faculty utilize the Valencia EDGE for their performance review process. Full-time staff members must complete The Check-In; tenured faculty, the Faculty Evaluation; and tenure-track faculty members, the Performance Benchmark. Although the three employee groups have different evaluations and deadlines, all groups access their performance reviews the same way in the Valencia EDGE:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees Tab.
- Click on the Access the EDGE graphic in the My Development Channel. A new window will open.
- Hover your mouse over Home.
- Select Scheduled Tasks.
- Then click on: Staff Members: Check-In; Tenured Faculty: Faculty Evaluation; Tenure-Track Faculty: Performance Benchmark
- Follow the prompts to complete.
Having performance reviews in the Valencia EDGE provides you easy access to tools to plan your goals; for example, lists of workshops or online training and access to the SPD (Staff and Program Development) funds you’ve utilized for the year. By having access to the amount of SPD funds you’ve spent, you can determine how much you have remaining of your $1,100 allotted per fiscal year to plan your future professional development opportunities such conferences, external workshops, additional schooling, etc.
To determine the remaining balance of your SPD funds for this year, follow steps one through three above to access the Valencia EDGE. Then, follow these directions:
- Hover your mouse over Learning.
- Click on View Your Transcript.
- Click on the Completed tab. Please note that if you have registered for upcoming training that utilized SPD funds, you must also click on the Active tab.
- Any external trainings that have used SPD funds will be listed in your transcript. To see the amount for each, click on the External Training course you’ve taken, and a window will open. The amount spent on SPD, if any, will be included in the cost section.
- Add the cost for each external training for your total. Remember, you receive $1,100 to use within each fiscal year, beginning July 1 through June 30.
If you have questions about SPD funds, contact Leah Fowlkes, implementation coordinator, at email@example.com or extension 8091. If you have questions about performance evaluations, contact Jenny Charriez, director, employee development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 8250.